Dear Tracy, I have a simple question – how do I get a guy to notice me? I started a new job last week and there is the best-looking guy there. I’ve had some bad luck with relationships my entire life and I don’t want to blow this so I am asking for your help. How can I make this guy fall for me? Like I can’t tell you how hot this guy is. Do you know any tricks?
Sadly there are no trick sor shortcuts to getting a guy to fall for you. Love is a very complicated thing … there is no set formula for it either, if there was, then everyone would be happy and in love and there would be no need for a site like this. =) That being said, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances of getting him to notice you and even better …. stay interested once he does.
1) GET A LIFE! Men love a challenge. Make yourself readily available and you reduce your chances for success. By having other things to do, you immediately become more attractive to all men. To be more specific, you need to find other things to do with your time, things that can improve your life and make you even more interesting. Take a cooking class or learn another language. Doing these things will keep your mind busy and prevent you from having too much free time to obsess about men.
2) GET AMNESIA! Men may say they want to know about your past, but really they don’t want to know and the biggest mistake a girl makes is blabbing far too much about her past. Forget about all your ex-boyfriends and past mistakes in life or freaky family members. When a man wants to know about your past the only thing you should tell him are positive, uplifting stories. Avoid any subject that has anything to do with any boyfriend in your past. If he really wants to get to know you, then try and talk about positive things in your life like how you landed your last job, the time you volunteered at a homeless shelter, or a funny story about your little sister. Don’t talk about ex-boyfriends or your bad credit. Instead, talk about this new savings technique you heard and how you’ve been trying it out, and how it’s going for you.
3) THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING! I once stubbed my toe may sound innocent enough but it’s negative. Why would you want to put any negative thoughts between you and the man of your dreams? When having a conversation with your dreamboat, make sure everything you say is positive. Your glass should always be half full. Men are attracted to women who appear confident and happy. So show him just how happy and upbeat you are. Talk about positive things all the time. Don’t be a negative Nancy!
4) HAVE SOME SELF-CONFIDENCE! There is nothing more attractive to the opposite sex than someone who believes in themself and the first step in thinking you are fabulous is to tell yourself just that. You should wake up every day and look in the mirror and say I AM FABULOUS, every single day for the rest of your life. Say it enough and you will believe it. That little bit of self-confidence should be what it takes to make your man notice you.
5) DON’T BE A TRAMP! Seriously there is no other way to say it. No girl should ever sleep with a man on the first night or even in less than 10 dates. In the early stages of your dating, you shouldn’t even put yourself in a situation where you might slip up and do something you might later regret. Anything worth having is worth waiting for and you are worth having so make him wait for you!
And if you make him wait for it, it will drive him crazy and it will also make him see you in a different light. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for having fun, but that needs to wait until you are in a committed, monogamous relationship.