My aunt walked into my bedroom the other day and I had to choke back a laugh. She had never did her eyebrows before and let’s just say her first attempt was downright scary.
The problem is, so many people think it’s just a matter of coloring in their brows with eyeliner or in the case of my aunt, filling them in with brown eye shadow. If it were only that easy.
I mean don’t get me wrong, having great eyebrows aren’t hard. You just have to know how to do it right. If not, then you end up like a hot mess.
This is a super simple eyebrow tutorial I found the other day on YouTube that even a beginner can do. This video will show you exactly what you need to do to have perfectly full eyebrows that look fabulous.
- Just a few things to remember …. Never ever shave any part of your eyebrows off. Seriously. Just don’t do it.
- Eyeliner is not the same as a brow pen.
- The color of your eyebrows should match the color of your hair.
- Your brows will always look better if you use a highlighter under the brow line.
- Never experiment with your eyebrow technique the day of a big date. If you need to practice do it the night before or days before. Give yourself some time to find what works best for you. When you are on a deadline or rushed, that’s when things always go wrong!
- Your left eyebrow doesn’t have to perfectly match your right eyebrow. As they saying goes, your eyebrows should be sisters, not twins … meaning they should look like each other but they don’t have to match perfectly.