I don’t know about you, but I always match my nails with my outfit. Well, when I dress up, at least. Maybe not every day, but for sure on special occasions.
I found the perfect little black dress to wear, but then I had the problem of figuring out what color to offset it with. When I found the perfect pair of gold sparkly heels, I knew what I had to do … find the perfect gold glitter nail design.
After looking around the internet, I figured I could go three different ways with this. I could paint my nails a subtle beige or tan and then paint my nails with a gold sparkle color as an accent. This is pretty much what it would look like.
I could go all gold. It’s horrible trying to get glitter nail polish off but i think for a special occasion it would be worth it. This is what it would look like.
Then it hit me. I could match my nails to both my shoes and my dress! It’s the perfect idea – black nails with glitter gold highlights.
What do you think? Am I making the right choice?
Speaking of gold, I thought it might be fun to talk about the color itself.
- Gold has been discovered on every continent on Earth.
- The first Gold coins appeared around 700 BC.
- Gold has been mined for over 5,000 years.
- The coffin found in Tutankhamen’s tomb contained around 1.5 tonnes of Gold, that’s about 3306 pounds.
- Gold doesn’t rust.
- A one troy ounce Gold nugget is rarer to find than a five-carat diamond.
- Gold is edible; Gold flakes may be added to food and drink.
- High purity gold is odorless and tasteless.