Some people may not realize this but I don’t have perfect skin. I, like most other people my age suffer from breakouts from time to time. Luckily, as a girl I can use makeup to cover up my problem areas. That’s one of the great things about makeup … no matter how icky your skin may be that day, you can typically cover up any problem area.
There are a lot of different things we can do for acne coverage but I think I found a great video on YouTube that gives a great example of how to cover your blemishes.
These are the different products used in this video.
- Primer: Pixi by Petra Poreless and Flawless Primer*
- Foundation: Mac Mineralize – C15 / Nars Sheer Glow – SIberia
- Concealer: Collecton Lasting Perfection Concealer – Fair / Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – Chantilly
- Blusher: L’oreal Paris Cream Puff Blush – Lovely Pink
- Powder: Ben Nye – Neutral Set Colourless Powder
- Bronzer: Benefit – Hoola Bronzer*
- Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz – Taupe*
- Eyeshadow: Mac Paint Pot – Soft Ochre / Illamasqua Vulgar Eyeshadow / Make Up revolution Salvation – what you waiting for palette / Make up Revolution Iconic 2 Palette
- Mascara: Bourjois Paris – Volume 1 Seconde Mascara
- Lipstick: Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick – American Doll
- Lipgloss: Anastasia Beverly Hills Lipgloss – Neon Apple
The only thing I want to note is that at the very beginning of the video when she puts on her base, she uses her fingers to rub it in. I don’t suggest that because the oils on your fingers can mix with the product you are putting on your face and not in a good way. Some people may find that if they do that it can cause their makeup to run or bubble up, which is something you obviously want to avoid.
So good luck and I truly hope that this tutorial on how to use makeup to cover acne truly helps you out.