Cristiano Ronaldo more followers are Instagram than anyone else. Right now, he has almost 240 million followers. But he’s not really an “influencer.” Cristiano Ronaldo is a celebrity, actually a sports star, so he doesn’t really count.
So if we extract sports stars, movie stars, and pop stars and just focus on Instagram Influencers, we have our list.
- Kylie Jenner 197,780,957 followers
- Kim Kardashian West 189,877,924 followers
- Kendall Jenner 140,445,461 followers
- Khloe Kardashian 122,251,546 followers
- Kourtney Kardashian 102,412,138 followers
- Gigi Hadid 59,768,151 followers
- Huda Kattan 47,894,438 followers
- Cara Delevingne 44,126,172 followers
- Lele Pons 42,195,360 followers
Instagram is a photo and video-sharing platform that originally launched in October 2010. It began as a Burbn, as a mobile-only check-in app. The founders realized it was way too much like Foursquare, so the refocused their app to a photo-sharing platform and renamed it to Instagram. In 2012 Facebook bought it for $1 billion in cash and stock ($300 million in cash and 23 million shares of stock).