Ever had one of those days when you fell like you were smacked with an ugly stick? I mean come on, who hasn’t? Some days you feel like your skin is dull and lifeless or your hair is frizzy and out of control. Sometimes we feel this way on the worst day ever … on a day we are going on a date. But even under the worst of circumstances there is one thing you can to do instantly transform your looks and make you feel more attractive.
A smile instantly transforms your face, making you appear friendly, happy, and approachable. So stop hanging your head and looking glum! No matter how you’re feeling, put on your best grin instead. You’re bound to see positive results.
- Never pull a fake smile. It needs to be genuine.
- A fake smile can make you look phony, nervous, or even dangerous, so don’t just try to put on a smile without first practicing or putting yourself in a happy state of mind. You can spot a fake smile from a genuine (or Duchenne) smile – a fake smile is one where the corners of the mouth aren’t turned up, or the mouth is solely smiling, with no change at all in the eyes. You’ll know it when you see it as you pick up the subtle body language cues that confuse you as to the smiler’s intention; and if it’s you making the fake smile, check your emotions to know whether or not you mean the smile.
- Try to make sure you don’t have spinach or something stuck in your teeth because you’ll leave a poor impression. Duck out to the bathroom after a meal and quickly refresh; this is even more important when you know your teeth are prone to catching bits of food.
- There is no scientific study saying how many muscles it takes to smile over frowning. It’s probably just better to accept that smiling is worthwhile because the longer term benefits are worth the effort!
- Smiling is a great defense mechanism. If someone is trying to bring down your good spirits, smile around them and cancels out their bad energy.
- Opportunities for smiling are all around you. Make the most of them.
- You don’t need perfect teeth to have a perfect smile. Not everybody has perfect teeth, and that’s okay. Straight teeth are nice, but a great smile doesn’t depend on standard model’s teeth. That said, if you feel uncomfortable about your teeth you may be reluctant to smile, and that’s no good. If that’s the case, either learn to appreciate your individuality or look into cosmetic dentistry procedures. Or, you could smile with your mouth closed if preferred.
- Ever laugh hysterically about something you’ve just seen? Take that memory but just laugh slightly and now you have a natural pretty smile.
- A lot of men feel uncomfortable about smiling at strangers, especially at other males. If that is the case, then just offer a casual “Hi”, or “Hey man!”, or “What’s goin’ on?”. It works just as well, and feels less awkward for a lot of guys.
- Studies have shown that the brain cannot tell a fake smile apart from a real smile. So always remember to smile even in the worst times.
- In a photo you can laugh or giggle a little to give your smile a natural kind of look.
- squeeze your eyes shut tight then open them as if in surprise you will find your expression becomes more ‘open’ then close your mouth puff air into your cheeks swishing it from cheek to cheek this relaxes your smiling muscles. these two tricks loosen your face for smiling -try it!.
- Try a light smile: don’t show as many teeth as you would when you’re laughing. It’s the best smile for flirting – light and seductive.